my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Friday 20 May 2011

White Rabbit Syndrome

       I'm late, I'm late, just  squeezing in at the last minute this week with my Less is More entry. The challenge this time is for a one layer card using either dry or heat embossing. I began by stamping this Elusive Images stamp with Olympian Green Versafine and embossing it with clear EP.I stamped it again on spare paper and cut it out to to make a stencil  which I used to sponge colour on to the flowers through. I used DIs in Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage. Then I stamped the Infinite Beauty quote, a wood mounted Impression Obsession stamp in the Versafine ink and embossed it with the clear EP again.I thought it looked a bit stark so I added a few EI tiny butterflies in the Distress colours I'd used on the main image.It was still a little bit flat looking so I dug out an embossing stencil that I had years ago ( before the days of Cuttlebugs etc ) and hand embossed a circle around the stamped image. I was quite surprised to see how much differnce it made. I should have done a before and after photo but I didn't think of it at the time.

7 comments:

  1. Just lovely Jean... what a lovely card... just in time too!
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Jean. Such a pretty stamp too. Well done! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jean an aperture is a good way to give a dimension to a difficult one layer
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! LOve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, just love the embossing on the green background. Looks so striking through the aperture :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete