my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 26 May 2011

Butterfly

             This week at  Less is More the theme is butterflies. I wanted to try and keep it really simple so I decided to stamp just one butterfly with this Chocolate Baroque designed Craft Stamper freebie. I started with some very pale pink pearlised card and embossed and a border along the bottom with a cuttle bug folder. I tried out several different inks for the butterfly and ended up using a very old pinky purple cube pad and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I fixed a strip of matching ribbon above the border and stamped the Crafty Individuals phrase ( one of my favourites ) above that. I added a few little gem stones to the bottom left corner to balance it all. I'm sorry the photo doesn't look too good, I think the the light was failing a bit when I took it. Thankyou all for looking anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Cool card and I love that C.S. freebie - haven't had time to use mine ...... yet

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Jean. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, the detail shows just fine. I haven't managed to use my butterfly yet either. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Beautiful stamp in a perfect colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Jean, such a pretty butterfly. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Jeane
    the embossing looks lovely, glad you didn't colour it. All Id have changed was sticking the ribbon, personally think it always looks better tied, with or without a bow. I never think the edges look neat enough, when they're not wrapped over the edge
    i definitely wouldn't say it looks like you struggled
    thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeane, I love the soft colors you've chosen. The embossing looks great too. If you're interested, I've posted a tutorial on my blog explaining how I take my photos of my cards. I take all photos inside my craft room and mostly at night.
    my card is HERE

    ReplyDelete