Anyway although inspiration was hard to come by I knew I needed to get on with my E F and G tags for the Chocolate Baroque Alphatag swap this month.I had several ideas for F but I found the other two difficult to find subjects that went with my collection of CB stamps, and in the end resorted to looking through the dictionary for ideas and these are the tags I came up with.
This tag was first coloured using Paper-Soft-Colour by Viva, I like this medium because it gives a nice soft colour finish and the colours blend together very easily.I then over stamped it using the same paint with a stamp from the CB Texture Fragments set.The dangley branch is from the Wisteria Lane set and was stamped with Versafine Olympia Green.I stamped the cross from the With Sympathy set onto the tag with Walnut Stain Distress ink and then again onto some spare card and embossed it with WOW gold EP and then cut it out.I lightly rubbed Walnut Stain ink all over it making it slightly darker round the edge and then mounted it over the first one with 1mm foam pads.The Easter Blessings stamp is by Oyster Stamps and again stamped with Olympia Green ink.I added a narrow German Scrap border at the bottom and a green gemstone to the centre of the cross to embellish.
F is for Fun Fair:
All the stamps for this tag are from the CB Carousel Horses set.The tag was coloured with Distress Inks in bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Broken China and Stormy Sky, and the fairground image and the horse stamped with Memento London Fog.The bunting was stamped with the same ink and the horse with Walnut Stain on a separate piece of card and then coloured with ColourSoft pencils and cut out.I used a gold gel pen to add highlights on the horse.Both were attached to the tag with silicon glue and the words were stamped with black ink straight onto the tag and again coloured with pencils.I added the German Scrap tassel border to the bottom.
G is for Gears:
Now this is the letter that caused me the most trouble, but during my search of the dictionary I found this definition of gear, ( a toothed wheel that is one of a set of interlocking wheels ) and I thought of this lovely stamp that I have had for a little while but not had occasion to use yet. It is from a CB set called Stampunk Romance, so out it came.The tag was first lightly sponged with Rusty Hinge and Pumice Stone DI and then the image stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.I used a Tim Holtz Embossing folder to emboss the top right hand corner and inked lightly over the embossing with the Rusty Hinge ink.I slightly distressed a gold letter brad with Terra Cotta alcohol ink and distress stickles and added it to the other corner. I added some colour to the main image with coloured pencils and added distress stickles to the butterflies and flower centres.
This has turned into a bit of a marathon so well done if you stuck it through to the finish. I did enjoy making these in the end and I hope the recipients will enjoy them too. I am now looking forward to getting my swaps.
It may be a while before I post again as I am off to sunny (hopefully) Spain later in the week to see my sister.