my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Christmas Flowers

When I said in my post last night that I would be back with a card for Rudolph Day at Stamping For Pleasure hosted by Sarn, I had no idea what the date was, so when I realised that the 25th was today I had to get busy this afternoon and make this card. As I am also using it for the Chocolate Baroque Christmas card group where the theme this month is flowers I decided to try out this stamp.  It is a CB stamp but I don't know which set it is from because I got it in a mystery grab bag a while ago. I am not sure if they are meant to be flowers or snowflakes but I have stamped them in Christmas colours and they can be Christmas fantasy flowers for the purpose of this blog .I coloured the stamp with distress markers in Pine Needles and Barn Door and spritzed it with water and stamped onto watercolour paper.When it was dry I added some yellow stickles to the centres.I layered it onto red and green mounts and then onto a red base card, having already stamped the two right hand corners with a foliage corner stamp and Versamark ink. To finish it off I tied some green ribbon just in from the fold.I wanted to add a greeting but couldn't find a suitable place for it so it will have to make do with one inside.
Now I am going to link this up to Sarn's blog, so thank you for taking time to this and for you lovely comments, they are all much appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. I think they are meant to be snowflakes but they look awfully nice as flowers Jean!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make excellent flowers Jean! I like the simplicity of this card, although, as you know, I am no good at doing it myself!
    I like the quintiles too and the ATCs though steampunk is not my style. I somehow missed that post. I haven't quite got to grips with my replacement for Google iReader yet. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah Jean this really such a fab card really love it - tastefully well done, thanks for popping over to my blog too, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great...i don't knowif they are snowflakes or flowers. but they look great as you have coloured them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's absolutely perfect Jean! I rather like the thought of snowflakes as flowers - not that I'd have noticed though 'cos it looks spot on to me.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely idea with using the snowflakes as flowers - this is such a beautiful design with the tone on tone stamped corners softening the whole effect. You've got me curious as to the stamp set.........
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Snowflake-Flourish-Unmounted-Rubber-Stamp-Sheet--A4_p_2185.html
    Found it!
    PEP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this card. Also think that using snowflakes as flowers on a Christmas card is an EXCELLENT idea. Very novel, but a perfect fit.

    Thanks for joining in again.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jean, whether snowflakes or flowers, they look perfect in the Christmas colours. I love the way you've done the corner stamping using the Versamark, it's a lovely effect.

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete