my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 29 March 2018

March Rudolph Day

Hello everyone. Although I have another Christmas card to show you, I'll start by wishing you all a Happy Easter, I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend whatever you are doing.
My card is for the Rudolph Day Challenge at Scraps of Life by Scrappymo. I'm a bit late again but there are still a couple of days left to enter.
The stamps I've used are by Heartfelt Creations. I stamped the main image with Memento black ink and coloured the baby and the manger with Promarkers. I used Derwent Coloursoft pencils to add shading around the scroll and then coloured the background with Distress Inks and a blending tool. Having used my TH stamping platform to stamp with, the stamp was still in place for me to overstamp the star with Versamark ink and emboss it with WOW Brass Sparkle embossing powder. I mounted the trimmed image onto some dark gold glitter card and backed it with a square of funky foam to give it a little dimension when added to the card. The base card is  an ivory 15cm square and I used the stamping platform again to position the corner stamps and coloured them with Promarkers and a gold gel pen. This was quite an easy card to make and I made another three to help build my Christmas Card stash.

 Thank you for your visit and for your comments, they are all appreciated.

Jean

13 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely image Jean and I like how you’ve coloured the background too. I love the corner scrolls too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful stamps you used on your beautiful card Jean.
    Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card, Jean. The stamps are lovely and I love the colours you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on this one and it really does look like 2 cards in one, layered on top of each other! Love those corner elements and how you embossed the star! Great job on the challenge and a very happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Your card is wonderful and such a super and fab design.
    You always make such super and lovely cards.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Jean. I love that stamp and the holly corners. The manger and scroll are very like a stamp I had years ago (without the background). I loned it to someone and never got it back. Love your soft colours. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really prettily coloured image Jean and love the two holly flourishes on the base card too, and the extra blended ink round the main image makes it stand out beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, stunningly coloured, Jean! I love it! So sorry I haven't been to visit in a while. Happy Rudolf days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh so soothing and so classic!!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
    Rudolph Days Challenge DT
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jean, what a lovely card. I have this stamp and have never inked it up. I shall save this beautiful card for inspiration!
    I like the way you made the image look aged. The yellowish glow around the star looks perfect here.

    Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card, and thank you for the reminder about what the holiday represents. I think we too often just go to the Bunnies & eggs. Love your pencil work on this lovely stamping, and I liked the holly corners. Good work on all of this pretty card. TFS & have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jean

    A really lovely Christmas card. Love your image very much and the stamping of the holly flourish in the background. Great touch.

    I hope you had a lovely Easter break.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete