my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 23 October 2014

Birthday Cheers!

Hi again, I have another birthday card to show you today. In my last post I showed the card that I made for my sister's birthday last week, but two days before that it is also her husband's birthday and this is the card that I made for him. I used the same set of free stamps that I used for Kate's card. There is an Italian theme to this set of stamps but I think some of the images work just as well for Spain where they live which is why I chose them. I stamped the design onto a snippet of Kraft card  with black Memento ink and coloured it with Coloursoft pencils. I used Sansodor and a paper stump to blend the colours and a white gel pen to make highlights on the grapes. I cut a frame from a piece of shiny red Imaginations card using Spellbinders Marvelous Squares dies. The patterned paper is from a Penny Black 6x6 pad, I thought it looked a bit like tiles. It is matted onto the same red card. The banner and greeting are both in the same set of stamps, I stamped the banner onto the red and the  the kraft card and then stamped the greeting onto the kraft one. I cut them out cutting the ends off the kraft one and stuck them together. I fixed the patterned panel across the 6x6 kraft base card and then fixed the main image and the banner with foam pads.
I used some snippets for the main stamping and for the banner so I am paying a second visit this week to
Pixies  Snippets Playground.
I am also entering at Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Colouring on Kraft.
                               Simon says Stamp - Get Crafty and use Kraft
                              Ruby's Rainbow - Use Your Freebies/Prizes, I used free stamps from Creative Stamper magazine and the patterned paper pad was part of a prize at Stamping Sensations.
Thank you for taking time to visit and for your lovely comments, they are really appreciated.
Jean





12 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the images and the kraft card base.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. The image looks great stamped on Kraft card and I love the strip of patterned paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kraft card works well for this masculine card Jean, and the freebie stamp is lovely and you have coloured it beautifully. The red mat and the paper are the perfect accompaniments too, and you are right the paper does look a bit like tiles. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I didn´t miss this one! It was also a lovely card and he was very impressed that you found such a suitable image for him! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card has one of the best still life scenes of all! There's just something about a bottle of wine and a bunch of grapes that I find so serene and pleasant! I'm sure your brother in law enjoyed this card! I love the red frame and angled sentiment panel! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely design! Gorgeous colouring on Kraft!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Jean! It has a real Mediterranean feel to it and certainly was perfect for Chris! Love the colouring and doesn't the Sansodor make colouring work!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jean,
    another great card made with those wonderful stamps.
    I love that paper,as you say it looks like continental tiles.
    Oh to have lovely tiles like that.
    My you have been busy with 2 Birthdays so near together.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. that paper really does look like floor tiles and as you say the stamps work equally well as a Spannish or Italian style . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Jean, love the images you've used.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image and card; thank you for playing along with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete