my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 20 August 2014

For A Friend's Birthday

I had a particular friend in mind when I made this card, we don't see each other very often but when we do this is how we usually spend our time together, drinking coffee and chatting. ( Sadly  we are both past the skimpy dresses and high heels though!!! he he. But we can dream! )
 All the stamps I've used here are in a set of clear stamps that were free with the Creative Stamper magazine. I stamped everything using black Memento ink onto snippets of white card. I also used some quite tiny snippets of patterned papers to paper piece the sunshade and the girls dresses, and then used Promarkers for the rest of the colouring. I cut the image with a Spellbinders Marrvelous Squares die and matted it onto another snippet of blue card cut with the larger die from the same set. The backing paper is from a LOTV pad and cut to fit the front of a 6" square base card. After sticking the picture in place I hand cut the stamped banner and fixed it with thin foam pads. I wrapped some blue seam binding around the folded edge of the card and tied a bow. The flowers are cut with a memory box die from some more matching snippets with yellow gems stuck in the centres, and the leaves I found already cut in a box of odd die cuts, I think it is probably a Joy Craft die.
I am sure that you have guessed that I will be taking this over to the Snippets Playground and see what all the other playmates have been making.

I have two new followers to say Hi to this week, so welcome to Hettie and Jaycee, thank you both for  following.
 Thank you as well to every one who spares the time to take a look at my work and for your comments which are greatly appreciated.

18 comments:

  1. This card is a sheer delight! Love the image...oh to be slina dn able to wear high heels like that again.

    Great image, and a great card design. This card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely freebie stamps Jean, and so prettily coloured and presented on those beautiful die cut mats. I love the flowers which have been made using the same paper as you pieced on the dress. Great co-ordination. The banner with the sentiment is a nice touch too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow jean. You must have been having a very patient day. Your paper piecing is great and so is the whole card. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card Jean, great image and you have used it beautifully.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous Jean! Gosh that paper piecing looks small - and perfect too!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image and also the die cuts which I Have and use all the time. Like Di says super paper piecing. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jean

    What an amazing and absolutely fabulous card, what freebie stamps - they are brilliant. I love your paperpiecing using the smallest snippets, it's brilliant.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! Love the paper piecing. Thank for following my blog, I'm following yours too now. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this image Jean. Like you I am not sure about the heels and skimpy dress. More like my thermals and slippers right now!!
    This is a great card.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing better than 2 friends chatting over coffee, and I love the scene you created! The layered die cuts look beautiful with that pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! I love that stamp & how you used it, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect card to be sent between two long standing good friends. I have one or two who would fit perfectly into this scenario......nothing better! Love the paper piecing Jean and that fact you've used so many snippets. Tht is something I really should learn to do!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jean,
    thank you so much for becoming one of my followers, and your lovely comments.
    My this card is fab. I love the stamped image, and the spotted dress you made.
    I read your little bit about us not wearing heels anymore, yes this is sadly the case now, but as you say we can dream. Just what I would say.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Jean and I am sure your friend will love it...lovely image and great paper piecing...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and love the image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jean

    Thank you for your comment about my blanket. I crochet the square as I go. If you would
    like the link to the details, please let me know.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card just has a very happy feel to it. Your paper piecing is awesome, and I love the mileage you get from that particular S/B die. It's always so pretty the way you use it & really like the way you've combined the 2 die pieces from that set to decorate this very lovely card. Your friend will enjoy knowing you made this especially for her. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete