my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Monday 5 August 2013

A "Man" Card

I think most of us agree that cards for men are not the easiest to make, but I needed to make one this week for my brothers' birthday. I spotted this Our Daily Bread stamp recently and thought it would be perfect for the job.
I used Brilliance  Lightning Black ink to stamp the image onto white card and coloured it with coloursoft pencils. I then trimmed it and mounted it onto some navy blue card. I also stamped the scripture quote, which is part of the same stamp set, with the Brilliance ink and mounted it to match. I cut some light blue card to fit onto my white base card and added the two panels. I considered several forms of embellishment but ended up just stamping a corner from the Chocolate Baroque Pretty Poppies set with Adirondak Denim ink.

I am entering this in a new challenge,
 The Male Room - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes.
The Squirrel And The Fox - Nautical / Sea Life

Thank you for taking a look and for your comments, they are much appreciated.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and colors Jean. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful masculine creation . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super the way that you've used that corner stamp in blue to echo the blue of your ship. The Scripture adds a lovely touch too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has so much formality and charm... fantastic male card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card for a man, its a super image.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you jean for visiting my blog. You have beautiful pices on here.I have become your latest follower.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful image, so delicately coloured, too! I love your simple layout, and the corner flourish looks so good, too! A perfect man's card! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great masculine card Jean, and I'm sure your brother will love it too.
    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The image, the sentiment, the colors, the clean layout - it all works so well for a male card. I like the peaceful look of this wonderful nautical image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great male card and perfect for our challenge this week in The Male Room - thanks for sharing - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jean, I really struggle with cards for men and tend to avoid them like the plague! This is perfect for a male, the main image and corner stamp have wonderful detail, I'm sure your brother loved it.

    Take care

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete