my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Dotty Oval

The Less Is More challenge this week is to use an Oval. I quite like ovals but I haven't got much oval stash, but I remembered this Stamping Up stamp that I bought last year.I stamped it with Versafine Crimson Red ink and then cut it out.The dotty edge on the stamp made me think of the Cuttlebug  Swiss Dots embossing folder and I used it to emboss the front of my card, and then wrapped a crimson ribbon around it.The sentiment is part of this months Craft Stamper freebie stamp which I stamped onto the sticky bit of a post it  and then cut away the words to form a mask. I placed this over the cut out label where I wanted the sentiment to go and stamped the words through the mask with Memento Rich Cocoa. The little birds are from a mini Artimo set That I bought last week because I thought they were so cute, and liked the fact that they facing different directions which will make them so useful.They were also stamped with the Rich Cocoa ink, the lower one was stamped straight onto the label but the top one I stamped onto spare card so that I could cut it out. This was very fiddly as they are very tiny, but I wanted to fix it to the top of the label, which I did with a spot of glossy accents, so that I could mount it over the ribbon with foam pads.
I am also going to enter this at Try It On Tuesday, Anything Goes
Thank you for taking a look, and for you comments, all very much appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. A nice simple card Jean. The little birds are rather cute aren't they? Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combination of brown with the red & crisp white is lovely & I especially like the way your dotty embossing picks up on the dotted pattern of the stamped frame. Those little birds are gorgeously effective - I too like it when images face both ways!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Love how you paired the polka dot stamp with the embossing folder. The little birds are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAbulosu card Jean, those littl ebirds are the perfect finishing touch

    Thanks very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really sweet Jean.
    They are cute little birds and the folder does match the stamp very well.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant combination Jean, I love that stamp set and those little birds are gorgeous. I had a quick peek at your tags and they are beautiful:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee






    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jean, A lovely card, great masing on the sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this one! I love this Jean, it's very stylish and those little birds are gorgeous! The embossing looks lovely with the spotty background.

    Take care

    Maria xxxxx


    ReplyDelete