The latest challenge from Chrissy and Mandi at Less Is More, is to use Polka Dots.
I began by sponging Dried marigold DI through some sequin waste to create a Polka Dot background and then stamped the Duo Design stamp over it with Sepia Versafine, and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Unfortunately I had to abandon this piece as the dots showed through the brown ink. I cut the flower out keeping the background whole and used it as a mask, placing it over the sequin waste and just inking the flower part. I then repeated the inking and embossing and this time it was OK. I cut a piece of Dried Marigold Core'dination card from the Distress pack and embossed it with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, and lightly coloured the dots with brown ink. I fixed this to the left of a square ivory card and added some dotty ribbon. to finish I mounted the flower onto some Rusty Hinge card leaving a very narrow border and then added it to the card using foam pads.
Thanks for looking Jean