my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Monday 15 August 2011

Less Is More Inky Challenge

              The latest challenge at Less Is More is for a one layer card and to use ink, maybe in a new way.The technique that I have chosen to use is not new to me but it is certainly one I haven't used for a while.Mandi and Chrissies' challenges seem to inspire me to revisit some of my older stamps, and this week is no exception. I chose this ArtKure stamp and an Adirondak rainbow inkpad, Woodland, which also hasn't seen the light of day for some time.I used to use these ink pads all the time but gradually Distress Inks and others have taken over. this Woodland one was always my favourite with its shades of brown and green.I stamped the image with the said ink pad and used a water brush to blend the ink to give a water colour effect.I then added a tiny touch of distress inks in Victorian Velvet and Wild honey to give a little colour to the sky.I like the peaceful little image of this stamp but I'm not too sure about the finished card. I think it could probably do with some words but couldn't find anything I liked that was quite suitable.Let me know what you think.

29 comments:

  1. Hello Jean
    Susan from NZ here saw your card on LIM and I love the reflection technique and know how difficult it is to do effectively, you have made a wonderful job of this one it is gorgeous, I can suggest some words.... just breathe..... or......because your special.....
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! So serene and elegant. You could wait to add the words when you have need of the card - it would be lovely for so many different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jean, beautifully stamped and blended. I tend not to add sentiments until I know who the card is for - too often I have a perfect Thank You card except that it says Happy Birthday!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Jean
    Wonderful stamping

    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love your subtle colours, lovely stamp, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Jean - have that artkure stamp myself, and it doesn't get used as much as it should! Like the extra touches of colour, really bring it to life

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, love the refelection.Words could be added as you know to whom you're sending

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful card and think it speaks for itself no sentiment needed x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jean, this is beautiful! The large expanse of white space around the stamping, draws the eye to this lovely, serene image.
    A truly lovely card!
    Thanks so much for a super submission.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is lovely, so serene. I like to leave sentiments till I know what the card is for, unless it's something obvious like Christmas!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous reflection card! Lovely colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!! Beautiful stamp. Love the colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfull card especially the shadows you made

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous scene and perfectly positioned on the card too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, no sentiment needed. This card inspires me peace and serenety.
    Thanks for sharing.

    carole
    http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful! I love the reflection and subtle colour. As for the sentiment, I really don't think it needs one as it looks beautiful as it is - you could just write your own sentiment inside when you know what the occasion is. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great image and I love the soft colours. I don't think it needs a sentiment either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its a gorgeous card, a scene of pure tranquility.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, so serene and peaceful
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so elegant, great card

    ReplyDelete
  21. A stunning card! Such subtle colouring

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and so elegant

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  23. CAS perfection. TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the subtle colours.
    It doesn't really need words, but ehy could always be added later.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  25. A little beauty. Words aren't necessary. Caz

    ReplyDelete