Thursday, 9 June 2011
Less is More and the challenge is Monochrome, using shades of just one colour. I decided to use one of my favourite Chocolate Baroque stamps, the script rose. I stamped it with tea dye Distress Ink and then coloured it slightly with the same ink using a water brush.My first attempt ended up looking rather wishy washy because the brush was a bit too wet. So I started again and just used clear embossing powder on the stamped image and heat set it. It didn't emboss perfectly but it set the ink enough to stop it washing out again. Having coloured it I tore all around it and inked the edges with the tea dye ink. I then mounted it on a base card to match the ink and tied it round with organza ribbon.