my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Saturday 24 February 2018

Pink Roses

Hello, once again I have been neglecting my blog lately, but today I have this card to show you. I made it for my sister's birthday but I also had in mind the Butterfly Challenge. This year Mrs A has changed the format slightly and now we have a choice colours and elements for the chosen letter.This time the the letter is P and the choice of colours are pink, peach and purple, and the elements are paper piecing, patterned paper and pearls. As you can see I have used one of the colours, pink, and two of the elements, patterned paper and pearls. The paper is from an old 6" pad from my stash and I trimmed it slightly to fit the front of my base card, and inked the edge lightly with a blue Distress ink before adding a piece of pale pink ribbon and lace and sticking it in place.The roses and leaves are stamped with an Altenew set of stamps. There are three separate stamps to make up each flower and leaf. I used several different makes of ink after rummaging through all my pads till found a colour combination that I liked.I'm afraid I don't know the name of the fancy circle die either, but I think it might be a Spellbinder one. The butterfly die and and the birthday greeting were in a freebie set with a recent  magazine. The top layer of the butterfly is cut from a piece of the same backing paper, and the under layer was a piece of white card that I inked over with the mid shade of pink in the rose. I added some tiny pearls to finish. I apologise for the poor photo, it looks much prettier in reality.

As well as the Butterfly Challenge - Butterfly + P for Pink, Peach, Purple and Paper Piecing, Patterned Paper, Pearls,
I am entering this at Stamping Sensations - Anything With Flowers.

Thank you for your visit here and for your comments which are really appreciated. I hope to be back in a day or two for the Rudolph Day Challenge. It's a short month this time so only a few days to take part.

Jean
                     






14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamped rose and I do like the blue edging around the design paper . That could be a tonic die but not sure. Thank you for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - the background is the perfect foil for the rose topper and the butterfly embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you back. This is so pretty those flowers are just perfect I bet your sister just loved getting such an amazing birthday card Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Jean, it has a lovely vintage look. So pleased to see you back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses are beautiful Jean and the background paper and ribbon and lace match in and look so pretty too. A really elegant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is just beautiful on your card, and I love the lacy border too! Gorgeous flowers and a pretty butterfly combine for a fantastic and special birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses look beautiful Jean against the floral background. I also like your co-ordinating butterfly. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a really pretty card, super soft colours and beautiful roses.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jean,
    what a gorgwous crd for your sister.
    Love the wonderful design and the beautiful stamped roses are sooooooo! gorgeous.
    Nice to see you blogging again.
    I know the feeling you leave it for a short space of time and suddenly it's ages since you have blogged and you think where oh where has that time gone to.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Jean I was some of Darnells spelling issues with my comment. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's beautiful, Jean! The layered roses are absolutely gorgeous, I bet Kate loved it. A perfect fulfilment of Mrs. A's brief, and also for our floral challenge at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. You're not the only one guilty of blog neglect, I have to confess! Life getting in the way these days, I'm afraid, don't know where the time goes!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How very pretty your pink Roses look Jean, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Jean. I am sure Dorothy loved it. I do like the Altenew layered flowers, especially for the cards I am posting overseas, and I think this rose is my favourite. All your elements go together so well. Kate x

    ReplyDelete