my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Another BIL Card

Hello again, here is another Brother in law card. All the stamps used here are from a set that came with the Creative Stamper magazine a couple of months ago. I stamped the boat with  Archival watering Can ink and coloured it with Zig true colour pens and a waterbrush to blend the colours. I cut this and the blue mat with Lil'Inkers stitched square dies. I randomly stamped the wave stamp all over the front of the 15 cm. square base card using Peeled paint and Stormy Sky Distress ink. For the compass stamp I first smooched a small piece of white card with the same green and blue inks and stamped the image with the grey archival ink, adding the gold accents with a gel pen. I cut this and the blue mat with Spellbinder dies, and fixed it to the card with thin foam pads.

Apart from the base card this was made entirely from snippets and so I am going to enter it at Pixie's Snippet Playground - Just Use Snippets.

Thank you so much for your visit today and for your comments, I really appreciate the all.
I am going to visit my sister in Spain on Friday so I probably won't be around to comment much for a week or so but I will try and catch up when I get back.

Jean

8 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully designed masculine card using the freebie stamps Jean and I love your colouring, and the repeat stamping of the wave in the background looks great. Have a lovely time in Spain and it should still be really warm too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sea scape for your BIL, and your w/coloring is just lovely & so blended, with great highlights. I love the background DP for the image as well as the dimensional element which is so appropriate for the image. Have fun with your Sis in Spain. I'm so glad you ladies are able to enjoy a good visit. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine birthday card with a nautical theme! I just love that background! Have a fun and safe trip visiting with your sister in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a wonderful seascape scene and a fantastic masculine card. Your BIL will love it.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Jean! I love the way you captured the whole scene. Have a wonderful time with Kate - and please give one another a mutual hug from me.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean,
    what a very super card and your design is so brilliantly created.
    Wonderful stamped image and your background stamping looks like designer paper.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the waves in the background, though it looks a bit choppy. Great card and beautifully set of by the blue mats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Jean. I love the design and the colours you've used and the background stamping looks fantastic. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete