my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Thursday 18 May 2017

Butterfly Layers

Hello, I haven't got around to entering the Butterfly Challenge for  ages,but when I saw that the theme this time is L for Layers and C for cream I thought of this card which I made recently but haven't blogged before. You can enter with either or both elements and as it has both layers and cream colour it seemed like the perfect opportunity.


I started with a 6" x 6" square ivory base card and cut a matting layer from purple card leaving a border. Next came a cream layer die cut with a Lil' Inker stitched die which I stamped twice with a stamp from the Stampin Up set, World of Dreams, using Memento Olympia Green ink. I added a little purple colour with a Zig water colour marker. The birthday greeting is stamped with a Chocolate Baroque stamp and Memento Elderberry ink. The butterfly is die cut with Memory Box co-ordinating dies. The solid one cut from purple card and the open one from cream card backed with stick it adhesive. Once assembled I glued the butterfly just along the body and used foam pads under the wings to keep them lifted slightly. I am sorry this isn't a particularly good photo the colours look much nicer for real.


Thank you for your visit and for your comments, they are all really appreciated.
Jean 

10 comments:

  1. Its a gorgeous design and card Jean, love the soft colours you used.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab CAS card, so elegant and sweet! Love the design and the colours!
    Thanks so much for entering your work in the Butterfly Challenge#79

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers and the beautiful butterfly Jean and the purple and cream is a wonderful combination. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card is showing a lovely purple on my laptop but I'm thinking it must look regal IRL. Very pretty result. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Nice to see you in there again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card with those delicate floral images and the big, beautiful butterfly! I love the colors on this one too! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean,
    what a very wonderful card, and such a pretty design.
    Love the colours and the gorgeous butterfly and stamping.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very classy card i just love this colour combo Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely card Jean. That is my favourite butterfly die set. It is so natural. I like the simplicity of your card. Trying to take lessons in the 'less is more' style, but I haven't got there yet. You have!! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're card is so pretty, Jean! Don't you love it when a card you made works perfectly for a challenge, after the fact?! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete