my Crafty Corner

Cards and other handicrafts made by Jean Straw

Tuesday 25 April 2017

April Rudolph Day

It's time for the Rudolph Day Challenge again already, they seem to come by quicker and quicker every time.
Here is the card I've made this time.  It's a new Penny Black stamp which I stamped with Archival brown ink onto white multi media card. I added a little colour and shading with my new Zig water colour pens. I cut the panel to fit the front of an A6 card blank, using a deckle edge blade in my cutter. Next I used Distress inks, Broken China and Stormy Sky with a duster brush to add some colour around the edges, and then ran a gold Krylon pen along the deckle edge. The greeting is also Penny Black but from a different set, stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Wow gold embossing powder. I used a white Signo gel pen to brighten up the snowy bits and then added a little bit of crystal glitter. then all that was left to do was to stick it to the front of the red card. A nice easy one to make and I will making more like it to build my collection up.

Now I am going to link this up at Scraps of Life With Scrappy Mo for the
           Rudolph Day Challenge - Anything Christmas.

Thank you for taking a look and for your comments, they are all really appreciated.

Jean x

16 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, classy card Jean.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This PB stamp with the pretty snow laden pine cones is a beautiful image Jean and I love how you have coloured it and the deckle edge suits it perfectly and it stands out well against the red card base. It's great to see you here posting again, I have missed seeing your pretty creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful christmas card! i love how you've coloured everything and added the gold to the deckle edge - very elegant and the red base sets it off perfectly. thank you so much for playing along with the rudolph days challenge!

    linda
    DT rudolph days challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely stamp that is and I really like this pretty card! I love the sentiment fonts and especially the gold deckled edges! Very pretty card Jean, and you think the days are flying by too quickly? I wasn't even aware that Rudolph days rolled around again already! Whew, I've got to get crackin'!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful image and beautiful card. The colouring looks wonderful and your design is lovely. Must remember that trick of running the gold pen around the edges.

    It seems to make a card look so elegant, especially with the gold embossed sentiment.

    Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous card Jean, I love the stamp that you've used for this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jean,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    oh my word this is so gorgeous and so wonderful created.
    I love that stamped image and you have coloured it perfetly too.
    Super gold edging also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Jean, a beautiful image which looks so realistic.
    Visiting your blog today with my Rudolph Days Guest Designer's hat on. Thanks for joining in the challenge - Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card Jean. Your stamping and colouring is absolutely superb. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really beautiful card, its a lovely stamp you used.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's one beautiful card, it looks printed, happy Rudolph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really beautiful card, love the pine branch, that stamp has just gone on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant new stamp I just love it your card is so classy Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh that pie cone looks stunning
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete